Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Weekend with Little Sleep!

It's camp planning time again!!!!
This past weekend we had a slumber party here for the Camp Stake Staff and all of the YCLs to start planning camp. We had fun eating pizza and cookies, then got busy planning.
The girls came up with "Hold Your Torches High" with an Olympic theme. I think it will be a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to planning all the activities of camp with them.
We had about 15 girls here ages 15, 16, & 17. They are a fun group. I think they'll be great leaders.
That night, the girls got to bed around 1 am. All the leaders, who are wonderfully amazing women that I love to death, stayed up talking until 3:30. Then we went in our rooms and continued talking until 5 am and were up again before 8!
We're worse than the girls!! But hey, how many times do you get to have slumber parties with your girl friends when you're as old as we are? It was great!

6 comments:

sweetieabbott said...

I miss girls camp that would be such a fun calling!

Becky Bradshaw said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast! I wish I could have a slumber party again. I miss those times.

Alayna said...

As always, you gals know how to have fun. Wish I was still in the mix but I'll have to live vicariously through you for now. Miss you! Talk to you soon!!!

Violet said...

Last year the YW president and I went up to our girls camp for a night to visit our girls. We decided we wanted to get some "good sleep" because we were both prego, so we slept alone in one of the leaders cabins. We stayed up all night talking, too. So much for sleeping, we should have just hung out with the girls. Man I love slumber parties!!!!

Anonymous said...

I know you must be a fun camp leader. Sleepover sounds like it was a blast.

&D designs said...

Wow - you sound amazing leader - I wish I was on your committie :)