Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Busy Week of Wedding

Last week was one of those incredibly busy weeks. I read to both of the girls' classes at school. I ate lunch with both of them on different days too. Ran around to try to get things done for family coming in town and prepare for Laurie's wedding!!!! Yippee! I had a bridal shower for Laurie on Thursday night. She wanted to got to Carrabas. We had a great turn out and had lots of fun. Here's my beautiful mother- in-law, my sister-in-law Laurie that I love to death, and me at the shower! We embarrassed her a little, but I think she had fun!Friday I helped decorate the church for her wedding reception. With 8 weddings under her belt, my mother in law had it down to a science. We got the whole thing done in just 3 hours. It was beautiful. I got to have Holly and her two cute daughters here as well as the boy cousins that are Brennan's age. It was so much fun! I took some of my nieces to go buy stuff to decorate the car after our family breakfast on Saturday. Here's part of the end result. Jeff had a great time teasing David (the new hubby). Somehow my camera got turned over to black and white. You can't see how beautiful the colors were here. Laurie looked absolutely beautiful. The kids were so cute. I had so many of my friends comment how they have never seen Laurie smile so much. She just beamed from ear to ear!
Here they are with all the color! Aren't they gorgeous?
Maddox looked so cute kneeling down like that! Overall, it was a beautiful wedding, and a wonderful weekend with the family. We are so happy for Laurie!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun. I love her wedding colors. They are beautiful.

Alayna said...

I had no idea she was getting married! YEAH! Please pass along a big congrats!!!

Reeses Pieces said...

It's crazy how busy family weddings can become, and you weren't even the bride. I'm sure Laurie is so grateful she has. You guys did a beautiful job of decorating.