Sunday, January 9, 2011

Christmas 2010 and Brooke's 11th birthday

December 2010 was busy as always. Before Christmas I got to go on a field trip with Jadyn and her 4th grade class to the Pink Palace. We had a good time together and enjoyed Mexican food for lunch after. I love spending one on one time with my kiddos!
I also got to go to Regan's kindergarten class to do a craft with them. Here's a picture of us together that day. She's the cutest reindeer ever! I was also in charge of Regan's Christmas party for her class since I'm room mom. I then went to Jadyn and Brooke's class parties the next day. Always fun.
On a completely different note: I am usually not a person who ever wears hats. I just didn't think I looked very good in them. I finally decided to cave in and buy one. The girls got one too. Have to say...BEST THING EVER!! Who knew I didn't have to do my hair if I wore a hat. Now we wear them ALL THE TIME.  Guess I better get us some more. :)

Christmas 2010 was much quieter than normal. It ended up being just us and Jeff's parents.  Christmas eve we went to Jeff's parents house for a yummy dinner and the missionaries joined us. 

The kids had a small piano recital and then we did the nativity.  Since it was just my kids, Grandpa and Jeff got to help out. Brennan got to play a double role of sheep/wise man. I think they were super cute!
Afterwards, we took the missionaries out to look at Christmas lights and then went home to have the kids open their Christmas Pajamas. Jeff and I were a little tired in this picture. Definitely must be Christmas.
The next day we woke up a little before 6 a.m. to open presents, and had Jeff's parents over for our traditional breakfast.
The rest of the day was spent playing games, going to a movie and eating more delicious food. You may not be able to tell by the pictures, but we also got a little snow Christmas day. Even though it didn't stick, it's always exciting for us when we get snow. Had a semi-white Christmas!

Two days after Christmas was Brooke's 11th bIrThDaY!

Unfortunately, we have been battling sickness the whole month. Poor Brooke got my gunk of ear infection, cough, wheezing, no energy and raspy voice the day before her birthday.Since Brooke gets jipped a lot having her birthday so close to Christmas, she had only had one party so far in her life and had planned a slumber party. We ended up taking her to lunch at On the Border Mexican food and did a little shopping. That wiped her out. So we got her home to take a good nap, drugged her up and had the party anyway. 
                    
We had Brooke's closest friends over which ended up being perfect. They had fun eating fondue and pizza, playing games, watching movies and just being goofy. It all went really well. No drama and Brooke had a great time!

Before Brooke went back to school, we ended up redecorating her room which was part of her present from us. She didn't want a little girl horse room anymore. She has now graduated to a big girl room. It was fun to do with her, but made me a little sad I admit. It's hard to see my little girl grow up.

This is a picture of Brooke and Jadyn back in 2002 when Brooke was two and Jadyn was 8 months old.  When I look back at this picture, I'm amazed at how quickly time goes by. I wish I could just pause time for a while because it's going by way too fast.

But Brooke has grown into such a sweet young lady. I'm so proud of the choices she's made and am so happy to be her mom.

1 comment:

Reeses Pieces said...

Wow you must have been blogging for hours. Catching up is so hard sometimes. I never saw ALL of your family pics, they all turned out great. So that picture of Brooke and Jadyn is cracking me up. They are so stinkin cute. Ryleigh and Cara wanted to keep looking at it. I love it!!!