Wednesday, January 5, 2011

2nd Part of October 2010

The second part of October was busy.  For the third year in a row I participated in Race for the Cure to raise money for Breast Cancer research. It has become so important to me since I've had friends, especially my best friend, Elizabeth Cluff, diagnosed with Breast Cancer.  This year, Brennan, Brooke and Jadyn decided to do it with me. As always, it was a wonderful experience! They even had a pink port a potty to sign.  Jadyn wrote Elizabeth's name and Brooke wrote Sister Phyllis Nelson, her primary teacher's name for everyone to see two of our favortie survivors!

 On the 25th, our baby Regan, turned 6. It's hard to believe she's 6 already! I really don't want her to get any older.  Sometimes I wish I could stop time.  I brought her lunch at school and had a family party with her that evening. The green dress is the one her kindergarten class provides the birthday child. She loved it!

This year, Halloween was on a Sunday. So, our ward had the trunk or treat the day before. The kids had a good time. Brooke was a Cereal Killer with boxes of cereal glued to her shirt with plastic knives stabbing them. Brennan was The Doctor from Dr. Who, his favorite television show.  Jadyn was a twister board game, and Regan was a witch.  On Sunday, Halloween, we met at Jeff's mom's house for our traditional Halloween dinner where everyone brings a scary dish to share. I brought a craft for the kids to do. They all had fun and didn't even miss going out trick or treating. Good times!

1 comment:

KJ's Perspective Take 2 said...

So awesome that your kiddos participated with you. Sounds like October was great!