Friday, November 9, 2007

Still don't know what I'm doing.

As you can tell, I never got the whole Blog thing down before. Still trying to figure it out. So, instead of trying to catch up, I'm starting with the month of Oct. Just briefly, summer was very memorable with a wonderful family reunion with the Bradshaw clan that I just loved, Girls Camp that ROCKED, and a great visit in Arizona. Now to continue...
We had a great month in Oct. It first started with a much needed visit from my fabulous sister. (Thank you Jen!) We had so much fun and quite an adventure. For those who missed out on her Blog explaining the whole thing, you really missed out. Then, my brother Matt came for a very quick visit. It was great seeing him, even if it was less than 24 hrs. Later in the month, Mom & Frank came for a week where we had a great & wonderful time. We celebrated Regan's 3rd birthday. Hard to believe it has been 3 years. We also went to Gatlinburg & the Smoky Mountains. We stayed in a gorgeous cabin right in the middle of the changing fall leaves. We spent a day in the Smoky Mountain National Park among nature. It was absolutely beautiful. Didn't see any Black Bears this year. Total Bummer! But, we saw lots of deer. Of coarse, we see deer all the time, but it was fun for Mom & Frank. The next day, Mom & I went to the little shops in town while Jeff & Frank took the kids to do Go Karting. Apparently, Frank didn't realize that he would be needed to help drive the younger kids and wasn't quite ready for what he got himself into. According to Jeff, "It was worth all the money we paid just to see the look on Frank's face!" Unfortunately, he didn't have the camera with him! Later that night we went to a family comedy/singing show that was fun. They had all the kids from the audience go on stage. Jadyn, being the ham that she is, managed to push her way to the front & center of the stage with Regan and the two of them danced their hearts out in front of everyone! They definitely stole the show. Brooke said she had stage fright and stayed in the back. When we got back to Memphis, we spent time with them at the zoo, our town's "Mayberry" shops, and Graceland. We also enjoyed having them here for Halloween. The kids just loved being able to show them their costumes. Overall, October was such a great month. We loved having everyone visit. Anyone else out there who'd like to come, we'd love to have you!

4 comments:

Liz Johnston said...

I can't believe she is 3! Have you seen my blog? Where having a baby in March, a little boy. (if you click on my name it will connect you to my blog)

laurakrummenacher said...

Yeah Kristen!!! I'm so happy you got the blog up! Good job!

Melissa said...

Kristen, welcome to the world of blogging!!! I'm so glad you joined...

You and Jeff look cute, wow, 13 years already!

Rob and Mary...Our Life said...

Love the blog and knowing what you all are doing. I guess I need to get on the ball. Love you, Mary