Saturday, January 10, 2009

4 + 5 = 9

Jeff left last Friday to go to his Grandma's funeral in Utah. His sister Laurie also wanted to go, so I volunteered to watch her five children on top of my own 4. This is what I ended up looking like after the four days of having 9 children.....
Just kidding. I actually had a great time with them. The kids are really very good kids that are about my own children's ages. They all get along really well and love being together. I must say, it was interesting having 7 children doing homework every night. It astonished me to see how quickly we went through milk and fruit. And of coarse, no one wants to go to bed at night when they have their cousins there to talk with. But, thanks to Kaisey's help (she's the oldest), and a quick change of the sleeping arrangements, it went real well. We even managed to have family home evening without any problems! After they left, my house was A LOT quieter, emptier, and cleaner... but I kind of missed them. It was fun to be a mom with lots of kids.....temporarily.

5 comments:

laurakrummenacher said...

How fun for you! I'm glad you made it through without any problems. Now enjoy all your "free" time! ha ha ha. Did you come up with a theme for camp?

Reeses Pieces said...

Maybe you should try adoption. HAHA!

Amy said...

That is what I look like after a week with just my three. You are a brave woman :)

Anonymous said...

My sympathies to Jeff and your family over the loss of his grandmother. I really do think you are a saint or just a special person to take care of nine kids, have little to no complaints, and see the good in the whole adventure. I love that aoubt you!

Anonymous said...

sad that I can't spell about - sorry