Monday, December 8, 2008

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

It's that most wonderful time... RUN, RUN, RUN as fast as you can to be at all of the wonderful events that pack the month of December. I really do love this time of the year, but sometimes it gets a little crazy. Last week we got to go to Brennan's Christmas Choir concert. I'm not really impressed with his choir teacher, but the kids did a good job with what they are working with. It was fun watching Brennan sing. I love hearing him sing and am glad he finally is embracing that talent...even if he is only 1 of 4 boys in his middle school choir. Go Brennan!
I also got to go to a couple of Christmas parties this week. One was for my Jazzercise class. Kinda funny to see how much really junky food people bring from an exercise class. Oh well. It's Christmas, right? Here is the husband and his "helper" of the lady who hosted the party. They were a crack up!
On Saturday, Jeff and I had the privilege of going to the Temple to do sealings. Once again I was reminded of what wonderful blessings are in store for us if we keep our covenants. It amazes me how much our Heavenly Father loves us. The spirit was SO strong. It bore witness to me once again that this is truly His work and His house. What a blessing!
This month was also our wards month to clean the temple. So, when we were done with the sealings, we cleaned with a large group from our ward. IT WAS SO COOL! There is not much more rewarding than cleaning the Lord's house. It made us feel incredible inside to be a part of it. On top of that, there is nothing better than cleaning clean. I was in heaven! (Are you jealous Laura? Remind you of your old job?)
It amazed me how clean the place is. I mean there wasn't even a particle of dust coming down from the ceiling fans that I dusted. INCREDIBLE! It made me realize though that my house that I think is usually very clean probably isn't as clean as it could be. The whole experience was really cool. Something I highly recommend if you ever get a chance!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are having a fun and busy December. Working in the temple is an awesome experience. It gives everything a different perspective.

&D designs said...

My husband I did sealing for the first time in what 17 years??? It was soo amazing. I felt love for everyone in the circle - I hugged everyone when we left. I guess I should do it more - ha ha. Anyway we have have had a ton of concerts lately - they're so cute to watch.

sweetieabbott said...

I love doing sealings, it is such a neat experience.