Thursday, November 20, 2008

Weekend Getaway - Time Out!

I kind of feel weird blogging right now about trivial things when there are much more important things going on right now. BUT, knowing those people I'm worried about, they would want me to go on and have a moment not worrying. I must say first, Elizabeth, we love you so much. Words can not express how much your friendship has meant to me in my life. Our prayers are with you. I have to thank Jeff for posting for me while I was gone last weekend. He did a great job. I missed that great announcement that was posted in our bulletin at church and will miss that class a lot. Now to catch up. Last weekend, I got to go to Time Out for Women in Nashville with these gorgeous ladies below. We had such a great time. We were fed spiritually by wonderful speakers and talented singers. On top of that, I got to enjoy great company. My friend Nicole set us up in her time share that was close to Opryland. It was spacious and comfortable. We even fit 3 of us in a bed very comfortably. Here's the group... Nicole Rees, Erika Bailey, Tiffanie Emerson, Sheryl Varnedoe, Cheri Sharp (who was really with the other group, but we needed her gorgeous face in this shot), Amy Smith, Marianne Rickabaugh and Me. As you can see, it is a very mixed group of women. As I sat listening to the messages and was surrounded by these girls, I realized how blessed I am to know each one of them. We all come from different back grounds and have had different trials in life. But each one of us has great attributes and outlooks that have strengthened me so much. I loved getting to know these women even better and loved being around them. After we were fed spiritually, we were fed physically at Macaroni Grill. YUM! Marianne had a birthday in two days and had these boys eating out of her hand. That woman is a kick in the pants. SO MUCH FUN! She had them sing to her, bring us extra dessert that we didn't pay for and had them kiss her on the cheek. It made them blush, but they loved it.
Here we are enjoying our dinner together. What a cute bunch of girls.
That night, Nicole really wanted to go line dancing at the Wild Horse Saloon down town. Most of the girls were tired from staying up talking the night before, but Marianne and I went with her. We had SO MUCH FUN! We made lots of friends along the way, danced and danced and laughed even more. Our sides just ached from laughing so much. It's so nice when you can do that. It doesn't happen often enough in life. Marianne in her 64 years of life is so spunky and high energy, Nicole and I had to try to keep up with her.
The next day, we had fun walking around the inside of the Opryland hotel seeing all of it's beauty. It was a great way to end the trip. Thank you Nicole for putting this together. Thank you girls for making this trip so memorable. Let's do it again sometime!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Kristen you look absolutely FABULOUS!!! Oh how I miss you...looks like you had a great weekend away and had time to work your wondrous talent of getting everyone to have fun. Love you!

laurakrummenacher said...

I'm so glad you had a chance to go and have fun with your friends! Much needed in the face of scary news. Isn't the Wild Horse Saloon where we stopped to turn around when we got lost on the freeway? I'm almost possitive it is.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you had such a fun time. You looked great and happy. I am so glad. I love Time Out for Women. It is always a great event, totally fun, and you always leave a little better than you came.

Reeses Pieces said...

I had a great time too.

I just got your message about your friend (cell phone wasn't charged for two days) I'm so sorry. I totally would have done lunch. We'll talk soon.

&D designs said...

Hey Kristen - how fun to go to time out! Every year I go to the byu women's conference it is soooo fun! I love girl trips!

Tom and Corinne Bradshaw Family said...

Sounds like a great time.