Friday, September 5, 2008

Danielson Family Reunion

This is long over due. Way too long over due. At the end of July we got to go to a family reunion with Jeff's siblings & mom & dad. We all had a great time. The reunion was at a ranch in a small ranch in southern Utah loaded with animals, horses, lassos, rodeos,cow and sheep riding, line dancing, a lake, and much more. My kids were in heaven and had a great time bonding with cousins. Here's most of the gang. We were missing Shawn (Jenny's husband) Joe & Melanie and their kids. Pretty good looking group I might say. Grandma brought presents for the kids every night as a special treat. Here's Mikele, Jadyn, Alyssa, Bailey & Regan having fun being "Bandit People". The kids had a great time learning how to be real cowboys... or should I say cow people. No, that doesn't sound right. Anyway, you know what I mean. Here's Brennan, McKay and Michael being the boy Bandits. They really did have fun together. Here's Brooke in heaven horse back riding. For those who don't know, she LOVES horses. Her room has horses all over it. This is the first time she has gone horseback riding. I think she ended up going three times. Apparently, she still loves horses. I don't know if you can see these pictures or not, but if you can magnify them, it's actually quite funny. Some of the men were brave enough to do cow riding. NO, not bull riding...cow riding. You think it sounds easy don't you? Well, I thought so too until I saw this. I don't think any of them stayed on more than 3 seconds. They all got pretty beat up too. I can't even imagine how those crazy bull riders do it. Cows are bad enough. The kids rode sheep and they were just as mean. Most of the kids got tossed off fast and trampled over. Kind of a weird rite of passage for them I guess. Here they are learning to lasso. Good job Jadyn! Not very easy to do. Brooke again with the horse. She just can't get enough. I wish I could post all of the pictures I took. It was a great time. Fun to bond with the family and be outdoors in the nice cool air. I'd have to say though, my favorite part... the line dancing. Thanks to Steve & Carl for being great partners! You're the best!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Family reunions are always so great. Looks like you guys had a super fun time.

Liz Johnston said...

Kristin! You look really good. Looks like you guys had tons of fun.

sweetieabbott said...

lol, I love the pics on the cow! I think I would have to pass on the cow riding though. :)