Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Catching Up!

Okay, here I go trying to make up for being a huge slacker! Novemeber was a lot of fun. Jeff's sister, Holly & family came in town for Thanksgiving. We went to Jeff's parents to enjoy the day with all of them, Laurie & kids, and Steve & family, as well as the missionaries. It was fun to have a big group together! My kids loved seeing their cousins again. We miss getting together with Holly & Ben like we used to when we lived in Houston. Here's a picture with Regan and Emma. I actually got a lot of cute pictures with the two of them. It was hard to choose. The picture with the kids and the gingerbread houses are Laurie & our kids. Laurie was nice enough to make a ton of these cute gingerbread houses for the kids to decorate - some for the cousins, others for a playgroup day. The kids loved it! Thanks Laurie! For Christmas, we took a nice 25 hour drive to Arizona to spend it with my family again. I was looking forward to warming up, but had no such luck. It was cold! We had such a good time there. We had the traditional Nativity at my cousin Tait & his wife Heidi's house. It was fun to see the tradition go on with our kids. I have so many great memories of doing it as a kid growing up with my cousins. Now, all of our kids get to follow. It was great to see everyone that night. I love my family so much! I am so blessed! Christmas day was fun as always. We enjoyed being with Grandma Diane and Grandpa Frank. They are so much fun to spend Christmas with. We had fun eating all of our traditional food, and playing games! I love Christmas with the family. The other picture above is from taking a little desert hike up a small mountain. We had fun playing in the desert, hiking, and eating lunch outside. It finally warmed up that day. It was so nice enjoying the outdoors. I know people think I'm crazy, but I think the desert is beautiful. I love all of the variety of God's creations. I have more to do, but I have to do a new post since I couldn't fit the rest of my pictures in. Pat me on the back for catching up!

1 comment:

Liz Johnston said...

Tennessee is doing you good! You look so skinny and beautiful in your family picture! Your kids are all growing up!