Friday, April 10, 2009

The madness begins!

It's softball season again! Brooke and Jadyn have both signed up this year. Between the two of them, I feel like we live at the softball fields.
Luckily, Jadyn and Brooke both have great coaches that are fun and realize it's just a game. Last night was their first games. Jadyn was so nervous since it was her first time ever playing. She struck out the first time up to bat. But, after a great pep talk from me, she lost some nerves and made a hit the second time up to bat. I was so excited! I have been to many a baseball games never seeing any hits! Unfortunately, the girl that caught the ball had an amazing arm and got her out. In the end, they lost the game 6-2. BUT, she loved it! Brooke is in her 3rd year playing softball. She's now with the older girls ages 9-11. It's amazing how much bigger 11 year old girls are than 9 year olds. The girls on the team call her Little Brooke! This year is actually pretty exciting watching their games. They have the girls pitch, and are allowed to steal bases.
Brooke was up to bat twice. She was walked to first both times! Good eye Brooke! The first time up to bat, all the bases were loaded. SO with that one, she helped score a run! AND, she stole the 2nd and 3rd base both times. It was so much fun! Her team ended up losing 8-7. So disappointing. I thought for sure they had it. It was a great time though. Jeff has been working 18 hour days this week without a day off. Haven't seen much of him. We were all excited when he showed up in the middle of Brooke's game to join us. It was so nice being together.
Jadyn and I had fun goofing off at the game. It was a great night. In two years of watching games, we haven't seen a win yet. Here's hoping for this year! Wish us luck!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun time. I loved playing softball when I was a kid. I have tons of great memories from that. Looks like the girls are makiing some of their own.

Alayna said...

I love the pic of you and Jadyn...two gorgeous girls!

sweetieabbott said...

How fun! I love going to kids softball games, they are just there to have fun and it is so cute to watch!

Anonymous said...

How fun!! The picture of you and Jadyn is priceless. Good luck this season.

Reeses Pieces said...

Yeah I totally get the baseball thing. I feel like I live there also, plus it's been so dang cold lately which makes it worse. They both look so cute in their uniforms. Way to go girls!

Tom and Corinne Bradshaw Family said...

Hope you get a win but like you said at least they had fun. I can' twait till Christian starts t-ball next summer.