Friday, October 10, 2008

Life

This has been a crazy, crazy week. It seems like tragedy is surrounding me. I'm grateful that I haven't personally been through anything, but it seems so many people I love and care about are hurting. I just wish there was more I could do. A couple of my dearest friends are having major health issues that I wish I could just take from them and stop them from hurting. Another one of my close friends just lost her baby at 20 weeks of pregnancy. That is a pain that any of us who have miscarried just are heart broken to hear about because we understand how deep that pain is and would never want anyone else to have to have it too. We also had a very sweet man in our ward, Val Jessop, pass away at the young age of 67. As I attended his funeral I was touched by some words that he had written to his wife a few months ago. He said, "Could life be any better than this with such faithful children ... I have to pinch myself daily to assure myself that all this is real and because of you I have been so bountifully blessed. I love you most now for the fact that we can yet spend eternity together, with such a beautiful family legacy, our children truly do bring us complete and eternal joy beyond measure." It made me think of words my dad said over and over for several months before he was suddenly taken from us... "Live each day as though it were your last. You never know when you are going to die." Wouldn't that be wonderful if we all lived that way and treasured every moment we had here on earth? I want to live that way more than anything. And yet, I find that I get in the way and forget way too quickly. I wish it were easier.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great post! It is good for all of us to be grateful for today and for what we do have. Once again you are inspiring.

Reeses Pieces said...

Thanks for all of your support and help. I owe you big time.